RJS Wales Road Safety Conference 2018
Published: 21 August 2018
7th September 2018 - The Augusta Suite at the Celtic Manor Resort in Newport.
Join the Rhiannon Jade Smith Memorial Trust in conjunction with Langstone Community Council for a one day conference to learn from the past and explore what the future of road safety looks like in Wales.
- Hear from knowledgeable experts
- Debate the initiatives for improving traffic safety
- Discover new solutions that will help to transform Road Safety for all users
- Discuss young drivers and behaviour change
- Learn from academics presenting their current research into road safety
- Learn from leaders in industry that are developing advanced safety technologies
- Politicians will discuss local and national policy towards Road Safety
- Network with practitioners, policy makers and community members
The event, starts at 10am (refreshments from 9:30am) and will conclude by 4:30pm. A finalised programme will soon be available.
Speakers will include:
- Jessica Morden MP - UK Transport Policy and the benefit of an independent Crash Investigation Team
- John Griffith AM - Road Safety Policy in Wales
- Mr Jeff Cuthbert, Gwent Police Commissioner – Road Safety Policy for Gwent
- Chief Inspector Martyn Smith, Operational Support Gwent Police
- Rod King MBE - Founder of 20’s Plenty for Us
- Samuel Nahk - Brake- How Charities Can make Welsh Roads Safe
- Dr Sarah Jones, Public Health Wales - Graduated Driver Training
- Dr Malik Zaben, Neurosurgeon Cardiff University – Traumatic Brain Injury, the Impact of car collisions
- Prof Frank McKenna, Reading University
- Ellen Jones, Sustrans Wales - Safe cycling and walking in Wales
- Dr Catherine Purcell, University of South Wales - Using technology to learn about Road Safety
- Dr Sean Johnson, University of the West of England
Admission to the Conference is free to registered attendees. Please register your place at the Conference NOW using the email address below: email@example.com
Langstone Community Council / Cadeirydd Cyngor Cymuned Langstone
Merlin House, Langstone Business Park, Newport NP18 2HJ.
Tel / ffôn +44 (0) 1633 415393
Email / E-bost firstname.lastname@example.org
Website / gwefan www.langstonecommunitycouncil.org.uk