Newport City Council Development Plan
Published: 30 July 2020
The Replacement Local Development Plan main page,
Replacement Local Development Plan | Newport City Council
From here you can access via links all the other pages details below, the page also includes details of past consultations that have taken place as part of the RLDP.
- Preferred strategy consultation Page:
Preferred strategy - pre-deposit plan | Newport City Council
- links to the Preferred Strategy document (full & summary version)
- consolations response forms,
- the Candidate site register and
- all the Evidence base (28 background and technical papers)
- Candidate Site submission *(one gentleman was asking about potentially submitting a Candidate Site for green space last night)
- details of where you can view the documents “in person” ( also listed below)
- details of the community engagement events and drop-in sessions (also listed below)
- The Integrated Sustainability Appraisal (ISA) and Habitat Regulations Assessment (HRA) consultation page:
Integrated Sustainability Appraisal and Habitat Regulations Assessment | Newport City Council
The council is currently accepting comments on the Initial ISA – Appraisal of Alternatives and the HRA - Screening Report.
NB: The ISA fulfils the requirements and duties for:
- Sustainability Appraisal (SA) and Strategic Environmental Assessment (SEA),
- Equalities Impact Assessment (EqIA),
- Health Impact Assessment (HIA),
- Welsh Language Impact Assessment (WLIA), and
- Well-being of Future Generations (WBFG).
You can view documents in person at:
- Newport Central Library, John Frost Square, NP20 1PA, Tuesday – Friday 9.00 am to 5.30 pm; Saturday 9.00 am to 4 pm
- In person at Newport City Council, Civic Centre, NP20 4UR **BY APPOINTMENT ONLY**, Monday – Friday 9.30 am to 4.30 pm
To arrange an appointment to view at the Civic Centre, or find out more information, please contact the Planning Policy Team by:
To request a paper version of the comment form please contact the Planning Policy Team.
Community Engagement Events
Planning Aid Wales will also be running a series of community engagement events on behalf of the council, both online and in-person.
Sessions will include an overview of what the Preferred Strategy consultation covers and provides an interactive forum for attendees to discuss the proposals and share their thoughts.
The Planning Policy Team will not be in attendance for these events.
Click on the following link to book into any of the events below: https://www.eventbrite.com/cc/newport-replacement-local-development-plan-2766289.
- Tuesday 5, December 2023 6.30pm – 8.30pm
- Caerleon: Wednesday, 22 November 2023, 6pm – 8pm, Lodge Farm Church, Lodge Hill, Caerleon NP18 3DL
- Newport City Centre: Thursday, 23 November 2023, 6pm – 8pm, The Share Centre, 88 Stow Hill, Newport NP20 4DW
- Langstone: Wednesday, 29 November 2023 (6pm – 8pm), Langstone Primary School, Old Roman Road Langstone, Newport NP18 2JU
- Peterstone: Thursday, 30 November 2023 (6pm – 8pm), Peterstone Village Hall Church Close, Peterstone Wentlooge CF3 2TP
In person drop-in sessions will be available for you to meet with members of the Planning Policy Team where you can discuss any questions you might have about the Preferred Strategy.
Sessions will run on Thursdays between 10.00 am and 4.00 pm (no appointment necessary). See drop-in session dates and locations below.
Newport City Council, Civic Centre, NP20 4UR
- 23rd November 2023
- 30th November 2023
- 7th December 2023
- 14th December 2023
If you require further assistance, please contact the Planning Policy Team on 01633 656656 or email LDP.Consultation@newport.gov.uk.